Countdown!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 2.6

Longshan Temple. 龙山寺。

It's good that we went to different kinds of attractions.

Longshan Temple MRT is just one stop away from Ximen MRT, so it's really quite convenient for us.

See. Even Longshan Temple also have underground shopping at its MRT station okay. Don't play play, even temples can be very modern.


But being a temple-related shopping area, the stuff sold inside were mostly Buddhist-related stuff. Like statues and crystals etc. Feels a little like Chinatown/Bugis in Singapore.

I think temples in Singapore - at least those that I've been to - are lagging behind in terms of technology.

LOOK!


Longshan Temple has got an LED display. It says there 'Amitabha'. After that it would say things like wishing the candidates for a particular examination good luck etc. So nice right.

If you don't know that's Longshan Temple you really have to find the tiny words on top.

This is after zooming like dunno how many times.


Through the gates and into the main square.


Man-made waterfall.


Annie and I paid some respects.

Photo kopped from Twiggy

There were many devotees. As well as tourists.



Another building at the back.


月老




I bought this bracelet from two nuns outside Longshan Temple. This is supposed to give me good health. In the end I fell sick the next day.

I stopped wearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment