Countdown!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 1.8

Streets of Ximending.

We were there on a Tuesday night, and it was already quite crowded.


Shopping-wise, nothing much, really. For me at least. But there were a lot of things to see and take in.

In Ximending there was a street which was roughly known as the Movie Street (I don't know the exact name), that's where many cinemas are situated together.


The traffic lights.



The thing about the traffic lights there is that the green man stays for more than one minute on quite some roads that we've crossed. Like the countdown would start from 90 seconds that kinda thing. For the major roads, of course.

There was a donut store which caught my eye simply because the main mascot was a lion.


Mister Donut. Totally beat all the donut chains I've tasted in Singapore.


So cute right. I'm talking about the sheep. =รž


We went back later on to get some donuts for the next day's breakfast. Stay tuned.

Later on we went to Meet Fresh ้ฒœ่Š‹ไป™ for dessert. As the name in Chinese suggests, it's about yam and grass jelly.


Service is one out of five stars.

But the food is like, four stars? Even for one who doesn't like yam, I like the dessert there.

Here's my dessert.


I enjoyed it totally. There was grass jelly, yam cubes and what I assume to be sweet potato cubes. I can't remember.

And Annie had a drink which tasted a little like wheat grass to me, and instead of the usual black pearls it was yam pearls. Nice!



And like I mentioned earlier, we went back to Mister Donut to get donuts. Duh.

I snapped the photo below before a staff came to me and told me that photography wasn't allowed. But I took one already anyway =D Though it isn't very nice.

I love the shapes and the many special flavours. If only this chain would enter Singapore! It's a Japanese brand by the way.


Oh no it better not come in. My fats. Ohhh my fats.

No comments:

Post a Comment