Countdown!

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day 3.2

Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall. 中正纪念堂

Finally, at our destination. The Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall.


Photobucket

Erm.

This actually isn't the memorial. It's the National Theater.

I knew I should've invested in some wide-angle lens.

Now this is the memorial.

Photobucket


Photobucket

自由广场, I loosely translate it (trying to dig out what I learnt from CL2280) as Freedom Square.

Opposite the National Theatre is the National Concert Hall.

Photobucket

We didn't enter though.

And I was too sick to make them go in with me anyway.

Here's a satellite image of the C.K.S. Memorial Hall area. Blow it up!


And then comes a series of jump-shots.

Must I put them here?

Ok, maybe I'll just put them here.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh did I mention they were all FAILED jump-shots.

Seriously.

The sky was too sunny for me to have any mood to take photos, and my shivering didn't help.

I bet I didn't mention that I only recalled later on that my camera has got the multi-shot function.

It got left out of my sick pea brain.

Never mind about failed jump-shots.

I have to apologise to my two lovely friends that the posed shots didn't come out well too.

Thanks to yours truly.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I walked too slowly. I don't know why that happened. I really don't know.

Photobucket

Upon entering, the statue of Chiang Kai-shek 蒋介石 greets you.

Photobucket

With a very 慈祥, soothing expression on his face.

Photobucket

The Kuomintang logo on the ceiling.

Photobucket

This was just the ground level, there were other levels that you can tour.

There was a museum somewhere. This was one of his cars. 1955 Cadillac Bullet-proof Sedan.

Photobucket

And because I was sick and unwell I didn't take many photos.

Not that I was really interested in it ba. Haha.

And there are other photos but doesn't matter.

Photobucket

This was at the end when I took from the C.K.S. Memorial side.

I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment