Countdown!

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day 3.5

Taipei 101

And we left the NTU area for Taipei 101.

Took the MRT to Taipei City Hall.

Photobucket

And you could see Taipei 101 peeking at you from behind.

Not really actually.

Photobucket

It's standing there to let you and everyone else know that it is there.

As if we can't see, it's so bloody tall.

The sun was setting on the other side.

Photobucket

If you are poor like me, the only point of going to 101 is to check out the observatory.

If you are touristy like me, the only point of going to 101 is to check out the observatory.

Which was what I did.

Which was what we did.

Photobucket

The ticket which set us back by NT360.

Photobucket

And then we had to queue.

Photobucket

You have to walk through the detector before you can try anything funny enter.

Photobucket

After passing through the gantry you gotta take a lift which was rather fast, but I didn't sense the speed.

Photobucket

We went all the way up to check this out.

Photobucket

They give you a portable audio to play descriptions of the scenery you see.

Photobucket

Just key in the area number you're at and play.

This should be Taipei Arena if I'm not wrong.

Photobucket

Other than the scenery and the bar and the expensive gift shops you could also write postcards to your loved ones.

The postcards were bought from an expensive gift shop.

I'm poor. But touristy.

So I sent a postcard home.

Photobucket

And we shared postcards to send to the rest of the 7.

Photobucket

I also sent a postcard to RC.

Photobucket

*shy*

Hahahaha.

Afterwards we went back to scenery-viewing. This time, the sun had already set and darkness fell.

Photobucket

But being a city of course there are lights around.

We went up to the top - i.e. the rooftop, where you could view without a window in between.

Photobucket

It was bloody cold.

But I still managed to take a picture.

Photobucket

Nicer, 'cos no reflection ma.

Photobucket
a.k.a. Super Big Wind Damper.

The only damper in a building in the whole world that is open to public.

Other buildings hide their dampers away.

I don't know what the big deal really is anyway, however it's still an eye-opener.

Else I wouldn't know how a damper looks like.

Right???

Photobucket

This is one of the mascots of Taipei 101.

It's called a baby.....baby damper or something? I can't remember.

(this is what happens to you when you start blogging more than a month after you return. damnit.)

The shopping area.

Photobucket

But by the time we came down the shops were closed.

Not that we were rich enough to buy anything anyway =Þ

There was something on the floor that I didn't understand what it was for. I went to find Singapore anyway.

Photobucket

I don't know I don't know.

And we headed out to another shopping centre. New York New York. For some reason it was still opened. This is the link bridge from 101 to NYNY.

Photobucket

M!ne - All Malt Beer.
Photobucket

I tried to take a photo of 101.

Photobucket

Eslite - the 24-hr bookstore in Taipei.

Photobucket

If you wake up in the middle of the night and you can't go to sleep and wanna read something, here's the place for you. We went in to see-see.

I remember calling home and telling my mum that I fell sick. She got quite worried =S

That's it for 101!

No comments:

Post a Comment