Countdown!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 1.7

First stop in Ximending. Modern Toilet Restaurant.


It was totally disappointing. If you're intending to go there for the novelty of the restaurant then I'm telling you, it's not worth your time and money, really. Just don't go at all. The food was below average, service quite okay, the entire atmosphere didn't even feel clean.

I mean, it's a toilet-themed restaurant, but that doesn't mean the place can look old and not very clean. As in, the place wasn't comfortable at all. I guarantee it wasn't the theme that turned me off.

When you enter there's this 'cute'-looking pink pile of shit to welcome you. And you can take photos with her (I assume it's a her).


One of the nicely decorated toilet bowls.


The cashier.


My seat was a toilet bowl with a gold glitter cover.


Our table was a bathtub with rubber balls inside.



And against the wall was a shower head.


This is the menu.


You order with a whiteboard marker which they will later wipe off to be used by the next customer. Very environmentally-friendly. That's the difference between many countries and Singapore.

The cutlery was kept in this paper pouch.


Did I just say 'environmentally friendly'?

Soup.


Annie's seafood pasta or something like that. In a basin.


Which she really disliked. It was like a cream pasta without cream.

Twiggy and I had some seafood/chicken cheese bake, mine was penne, hers was rice. I think the cheese bake was better than Annie's pasta. Ours were in bathtubs.



Then we had dessert. The basic dessert which was part of the set was soft serve ice-cream. Which is a far cry from McDonald's. It was pretty much water-based. I don't know if it's because they're more lactose-intolerant than the average Singaporean, but the milk-based dishes in Singapore win. The waitress told us that you could add some $ to other kinds of dessert, which I did, and then regretted.


It was huge.


I didn't finish it in the end, the whole thing was too sweet.


I should be the one frowning.

I just wasted my calories on yucky food.

No comments:

Post a Comment