Countdown!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 2.4

Back to Taipei.

This is nothing much, really. Just more glimpses of Taiwan.

I tried to focus but it was hard. This is an IU-equivalent in the car pool we took from the farm to the railway station. It was NT$50 cheaper than the previous cab ride. And the driver was a middle-aged woman who was talking on the phone most of the time telling her kids off.


Anyway.

That's the Zhongli railway station.


Chiang Kai-shek is everywhere in Taiwan.


Their public phones. I used them a couple of times as I had an international calling card. In Taipei especially, I was paranoid about the germs on the phone that I cleaned it before using.


Return ticket.


Sometimes I wish Singapore has this much land. So that I don't have to suffocate alongside four million others. And growing. They ought to know their limitations and not hope for five million people.


They really should take the public transport often, or the population will just become unhappier.

Okay I digressed.

Inside a typical MRT in Taiwan.


See, we aren't the only people who sleep on the train.

They really know how to maximise a pole.


We should learn this.

Soon.

Like real soon. Because instead of sitting space, sometimes we have to fight for a 'gripping' space.

Bak kwa, anyone?


This is so Singaporean:


They HAVE to let you know that they come from Singapore. This is in Taipei Main Station if I'm not wrong.

Okay, end of post. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment